Tue, Sep 20|
Hilton Head Rowing and Sailing Center
Please join KABC member, TTIPS editor and instructor, Darryl Fengya, for free Tire Clinic Tuesdays. See below for more details.
Time & Location
Sep 20, 2022, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Hilton Head Rowing and Sailing Center, 137 Squire Pope Rd, Hilton Head Island, SC 29926, USA
About the Event
This will be small group instruction, limited to 7 attendees per clinic and several days and times are available. It will be held under a covered pavilion. Please bring your own refreshments.
Participants will have the opportunity to actually fix/change a (simulated) "flat tire" on their own bikes. We will aim to keep academic instruction relatively brief so that you have as much hands-on time as possible. The instructor will make additional time available after the clinic to answer questions and assist those who want it. The clinic is intended to inform riders of all experience levels.
What will participants learn?:
- What should be in your saddle bag
- What you should know about your wheel/rim, tire, tube
- How to remove your wheel, tire, tube, and how to re-mount your wheel
- How to diagnose the cause of the flat
- How to properly re-inflate the tube
The syllabus is as follows;
- Section 1/15 minutes: Brief discussion of required tools in your saddle bag, and relevant parts of the wheel
- Section 2/15 minutes: Tube change demonstration by the instructor with Q&A
- Section 3/30 minutes: Hands-on tube change by participants on both wheels if possible
- Clinic Concluded
- Section 4/60 minutes: Stay-behind and students by instructor for assistance as needed
What should participants bring?
- refreshment of choice (water, juice, soda, coffee)
- your bike
- tire levers (at least two)
- tire pump
- for bikes with disc brakes: wheel removal wrench if needed
- clean rag for wiping your hands
- large old towel or blanket to place under your bike (bigger is better)
***NOTE: If you are unsure whether you have the right tools, just bring what you have, and we will figure it out at the clinic***